It seems my body, or subconscious / super-ego or who/-whatever is trying to prevent me from losing more weight.
It' ridiculous! First incident happened when I got the news from my dietitian a few weeks ago. I hadn't been on the scale for months, she was the only one checking in on it regularly. And I was below the mark I have been struggling with for more than a year now.
I was delighted, but something inside me was not. I got all tired, exhausted and thought I needed a work-out break. And I had at least 2 big binges, to compensate for the loss, I guess.
Then, when I picked things up again, my foot got injured and keeps me from walking even, let alone the gym for a couple of days.
I pick things up AGAIN, get in some bad ass training sessions, lost 2 lbs last week, and now I get a cold. A bad one.
I mean, how is that even possible. I work out at least 3 times a week, I go to the sauna at least twice a week, I eat fruit and veggies all the time - how can I still get a f***** cold?
And more importantly WHY? What is so bad about losing more weight? What in me is so scared about it?
I am always looking for a reason, and I am quite convinced there is one.
Where is Dr. Freud when you need him?
Speaking about which - I just found out that I will have regular therapy sessions, once a week from next week on. Maybe I'll find some answers there...

Wow, you really are going through a tough time...I admire that you keep picking yourself up, brushing yourself off, and trying again. Hope therapy holds some answers for you.
ReplyDelete