Sunday, August 14, 2011

MY CAMPAIGN:

Have you ever thought about how much time and money you have spent on losing weight?

How many products have you bought - how many books? how many fitness DVDs are on your shelves? do you have a juicer that you never use? what about those protein-drinks/shakes? How about teas, pills, magic-ab-workout-items that can easily be stored under the bed...? (and go into hiding there, never to be seen again).

I remember a girl in school who was advertising a special tea that would turn FAT into WATER - yeah right - just like water into wine...

I had a colleague once, who would have her little meal-substitute full meal-drinks for lunch... every single day. She was advertising how great they were - only to have a real lunch on top of the drink at least twice a weak, because she wasn't satisfied with the drink.

I am no exception here. I have bought teas, yogurts, books, DVDs - and hoping everytime THIS would be it. This magic ______ (enter item here) will solve my problems forever! And I believed it every single time.

Well, let's get real here - there is a whole industry designed to make us (believe to get) better... but think about it. If that industry really came up with an all-time long term solution, nobody would buy their products anymore, eventually.

So they are just designed for you to fail, so you go out to buy the next best product, the next best solution, pill, program, plan, what have you not.

And along the way, without even realizing, you lose your own feeling of what's right and wrong because somebody has a non-fat, no sugar, no carbs product. And you lose the feeling of your own body. because some smart marketing executive or motivational speaker, or trainer tells you how you feel and how you are supposed to feel. And when you don't - you feel like a failure again and start your search for the next solution.

It's all big bullshit. And I don't mean to insult anyone here at all. It's just my conclusion from a history of  trying to lose weight.

I advertise to going back to the roots. and the more I thought about it, the clearer it comes to me. Going back in history a bit - I am not saying there were no eating disorders or weight problems, but they were less prominent. My grandparents had no time or energy for this kinda bullshit. Eating was part of life. Just like sleeping and working.

There were no shakes, or juicers or foods so highly altered that the list of funky ingredients would make you dizzy.  Look at this little list I compiled:

- Carbonated Water
- High Fructose Corn syrup
- Caramel Color
- Phosphoric Acid
- Aspartame
- Potassium Benzoate Citric acid
- Tricalcium phosphate
- modified cornstarch
- Sucralose
- Asesulfame potassium

What is all this? I highly doubt this is good - or let alone HEALTHY for anyone - except maybe for the pockets of the companies that produce these things...

Funny thing is, some of these ingredients that are supposedly supporting weight loss do the absolute
opposite - they trigger appetite.

So here it is - my very own,  BRAND NEW advertising - my all new MARKETING CAMPAIGN:

How about this ALL NEW, FRESHLY picked, thing called STRAWBERRY that everyone is talking about?

ONLY 32 calories per 100 gr:



Have you seen this new product (celebrity XYZ) is now using and she/he has lost a TON of weight with it:

It's called BANANA.



Or this amazing product recently featured in (magazine ABC) they call CHICKEN BREAST?




Oh - and here's my favorite - CALORIE FREE, easy accessible, allergy tested, BODY CLEANSING DRINK without additives, colors or artificial flavors everybody seems to be into these days -

Yes - here it is: WATER:



Disclaimer: above described products are usually reasonably priced, easy attainable, and the Marketeer of this campaign will not benefit (financially) whatsoever from advertising anything from the above...

No comments:

Post a Comment