Wednesday, April 14, 2010

nervousness

I have been pushing so hard lately.

So many things are happening and seem to culminate today - I have a job-interview for a supervisor position, which is actually an entry-level management position... me, a manager. Wow.

I am so nervous. I feel rather like crying than be strong and confident. And there's a lot of competition - and most of the people I am competing with are close colleagues, even friends. I really don't like that much.

Then - if that was not enough for today, tonight is the birthdayparty of my personal trainer (who I have a big crush on) in a very fancy club.

Why do these 2 events have to fall on the same date? My nerves are shattered already. I wanna go back to bed and hide - let the world out there pass me by...

But I guess I'll have to keep pushing, keep fighting, just do it, get through it and over it...

Let me try it this way, look at the bright side:

-I have a job interview for a management position
-I lost 50 pounds in the last year
-I am strong and I know how job interviews are, I am well prepared and know what to say
-I have my outfit ready for both occasions today and surprisingly it was not such a big drama as it would have been a year ago
-I look good in them and feel (mostly) comfortable
-(I would not have had the kind of day I am having today a year ago)
-I know I can do it and I have received lots of support and encouragement

I still wanna cry. And not go. I just don't feel all that strong these days...

2 comments:

  1. I believe in you. Get out there and kick butt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it, look at all you've already accomplished! Rock the interview. Go to the birthday party. If you're feeling uncomfortable, just stay for a drink then leave.

    ReplyDelete