Monday, January 11, 2010

Scars

*Scars remind us of where we've been - they don't have to determine where we're going'.

I just heard that in a some random TV-show - and it makes a lot of sense.

I have to live with the body I have - I have to live with whatever traces the years of food abuse leave me with - but that does not mean I have to keep living that way. I does not mean I cannot change - because I can. I am changing.

My body reminds me of where I've been. What I did to myself by eating too much.

I truly believe overeating has preserved me from something even more serious, helped me cope in a way I needed it - but I don't need it anymore. Just because the past has been tough, it doesnt mean the future has to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment