Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dutch blue

I went to the gym last night, with two colleagues. First I spent 45 minutes on the eliptical trainer, then I was basically forced into a - now listen: BODY COMBAT class.

I was not going at first, just looking - eventually I thought 'what the heck' and just tried.
Unfortunately it was probably an advanced class, and at some point, after the warm up, we were kind of kicked out - politely but pretty clearly, because we had no clue about the choreography... it was a bit of a relieve actually. Those 10 minutes of 'body combat' were enough for me anyways.

Then we made out way to the weights and muscle machines or whatever they're called - and eventually were approached by a trainer, who asked whether we needed any assistance.
Basically he was talking to the other two, so I was on my way to sneak out (because I am fat and not worth it and he was talking to the my skinnny colleagues and I felt he would not give a sh*t about me anyways) when some little voice in my head told me to just go back and NOT chicken out this time.

To make the story short - I ended up talking to him, found out he is a personal trainer, remembered that I booked 3 hours of personal training and have an appointment with him next Monday!!!

I was just very open and told him how insecure I get with the machines and all the muscle-man in that particular room and how I have been postponing my personal-training hours due to my insecurity.

And guess what? He was understanding and very supportive. (And did not ask me to leave because I am fat - what I still kind of anticipate sometimes...)

Unfortunaltely he has the blueest eyes of all Dutch guys I suppose and after the conversation I went straight to the dressing rooms to calm down. Damn - why did I have to make an appointment with the cutest trainer?

No comments:

Post a Comment