Tuesday, October 20, 2009

This is my first day without my pills.
I have been on anti-depressants (trevilor) for about 3 years. And I have been lowering the dose over the last 4 months. The withdrawel symptoms really suck. Physically I feel like having little electric shocks in my head, that mess with my balance. It feels a little like somebody is hitting me in the side every now and then. Hard to describe - and nasty.

The emotional side effects are even harder to describe or even grasp. What is related to the lack of pills, what is related to just winter/weather/stress/hormones...? Who knows...

Anyways - I have been experiencing drastic mood swings, I get really upset for little things, I get really sad over nothing, every little thing seems to get to me more.

Maybe the real, unmasked feelings are coming back?

Don't get me wrong, the pills helped me a great deal. They stabilized me, the helped me stay sane while pushing through stuff - but I truly believe I am stable anough these days to get OFF! I don't want drugs to mess with my head and my feelings anymore.

I wanna do it myself from now on. But I guess I have to go through this mess of feelings to have unaltered emotions and be able to handle them.

Whish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment