I've been doing some research on the withdrawal symptoms of venlafaxin, the anti-depressant I was taking until 2 day ago. At least now I feel like my craziness is justified. But it's so f*cking hard to go through this. According to some online resources they actually call it the 'heroin of antidepressants'. Nice.
Wthdrawal symptoms include: agitation, anxiety, confusion, impaired coordination, diarrhea, dizziness, dry mouth, dysphoric mood, fasciculation, fatigue, headaches, hypomania, insomnia, nausea, nervousness, nightmares, sensory disturbances (including shock-like electrical sensations), somnolence, sweating, tremor, vertigo, and vomiting.
Fortunately I only know half of the words above - but I guess I feel like all of them. Except for the vomiting. These shock-like electrical sensations and the emotional crazyness are the worst. I am so sensitive all the time that I wanna start crying all day - for no reason. I really hope this is gonna be over soon because it's unbearable. But I wanna push through this now. I don't wanna go back on the pills. In fact these symptoms make me realize what kind of stuff I have been taking for the last 3 years.
Fortunaltely there is also something nice to share. I went out for lunch with a colleague yesterday and the place he took me had pretty high stairs to reach the nice sitting area. At first I crunched out of habit - I was scared to be all out of breath and sweating when reaching the top. Then I realized I don't have to. I manage stairs pretty well these days, due to the gym and living on the 4th floor. I just walked them up, while actually talking at the same time, without losing my breath! How great is that. I am not scared of stairs anymore!
So I guess paying attention to the little improvements is the way to go, right?
I hope that your symptoms subside quickly. Congrats on walking up the stars so well! I love that for you.
ReplyDelete