Saturday, October 24, 2009

Do I really have to put a number on my feelings?

I am avoiding the scale. I guess I am not losing any weight these days. But I feel fine with my weight (for now!).

Of course I wanna lose more, but right now like I feel I have to adjust to feeling the weight I am right now. Weighing less is already good, and the changes are so good, but at the asme time it's strange, different... good but still weird. Do I make any sense?

I noticed this morning that there is somehow less fat at the inner side of my knee. (weird place I know) annd also my hips seem to have shrunk.
And my favourite pair of old, torn blue jeans fits me again. And I am wearing it like crazy, just because I can. And I will until it gets too big or falls apart completely.

But - if I went to the scale now, and in case I gained even a tiny bit of weight, I know I would just feel crushed, sad, a failure. So it's ok not to go I guess.

I am going to the gym. I am trying to eat healthy. I don't binge. I am not as persistent as I was sometimes in the last couple of months, but I am still there. I need time to change and to adjust.

So it's ok to avoid the scale for now, with all that is going on at the moment, like getting off my meds, right???

1 comment:

  1. of course! You can do what you need to do to protect your sanity!! I skip weigh ins when I know that I am not ready to deal with the scale stuff. This is not JUST about numbers, but also finding peace within ourselves during the process.

    Keep doing good things for yourself, and weigh when you feel more balanced.

    ReplyDelete