Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Past creeping up

Lately I feel like past feelings and habits are creeping up on me. I feel like I am suffocating from the stuff I haven't handled yet, I get so scared by my financial situation and I feel so guilty about not taking care of things, and like I am not worth ever being debt-free that I cannot breathe.

I do earn a reasonable salary every month. All I need to do really is CONFRONT and ORGANIZE things.

Instead, for punishing me even more I am not taking care of myself. I keep on feeling guilty about that too. I don't eat healthy. I didn't go to the gym, I don't to the things that would relieve me and would take the weight off my shoulders.

My back hurts, I am in a bad mood. When I am at work I am concentrated and the other things disappear. As soon as I leave the office things are coming back to my mind and I start feeling guilty again.

So, I guess the plan is to proceed. Slowly. Maybe I should just GO to the gym tonight after work, to raise my mood, although I feel like I need to do more imprtant things to do instead of the gym. Grmpf!

But maybe, just maybe, if I work out I will feel better and manage things. Maybe they won't appear as heavy and unmanagable after that?

What do you think? Probably - as always most of it is just my perception of things. Maybe it is not that bad after all. Maybe - just maybe.

What pisses me off the most about this is, that I haven't been like that for quite a while. I used to wake up with this feeling of suffocation and guilt every morning. I used to feel so heavy and nervous and guilty in the morning that getting up was too much of a task sometimes. Contronting my life an duties was too much for me. (Depression!!!) And I had almost forgotten about it.

And I know it's not half as bad as it used to be. Still I absolutely HATE this feeling. And I wanna forget it. I don't need it anymore. I am OVER that!

So how the hell to I get rid of it now????

And I wonder what the hell I feel guilty about - in general. What is this guilt that I create myself in order to feel that way? What is the underlying cause? Any psychoanalists around?

1 comment:

  1. No psychoanalyst here, but just wanted to encourage you that sometimes by just starting back at the gym, or making a good food choice you can begin to feel more in control of things. You know the Nike phrase, "Just do it."

    That's what I had to do sometimes along my own journey. Just do it. Even when I didn't want to, because I always felt a sense of accomplishment afterwards, and that helped me feel better.

    I hope that you will have a better week this week!

    ReplyDelete