Thursday, September 3, 2009

good old times... and even better new times!!

I am having my best friend here with me for the next ten days!

She just arrived and I am so happy. We have a long history, we've known each other for about 20 years (and we're both 30!). And we've been through a lot. Good and bad.

While talking on the phone planning her visit we talked about how bad we were then, and how far we've come.

She was bulimic, I was in my worst days of a binge eating disorder, so you can imagine what we usually did together. Crazy, absolutely insane eating. Her throwing up afterwards and trying to hide it. Me just feeling bad, fat, lethargic and almost jealous of not being able to vomit.

So, looking back now, it is soo amazing how far we've come, that we both managed to get well and healthy, physically and also mentally.

Now our plans for the next ten days are not all about eating, but more about shopping, some sightseeing, fun, talking, yoga, (...) and actually eating healthy.

I am so happy to have her, and also that we both developed in about the same pace, and are somehow in the same 'place' in our lives.

It's gonna be great. Happy and healthy - so the complete opposite of our teenage-years!!

I'll ask whether she would agree to post some pictures... of us in the amaying city of Amsterdam!

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful that you will get to spend time with your friend, and even better that you guys are thinking alike!

    ReplyDelete