Sunday, August 2, 2009

managed to help myself

So - I'm back. I managed to eat well today, I did the biggest 'shopping-exercise' and walked through the whole town which reminded me also why I came here in the first place.

I have been here for one month now, here in Amsterdam. Adjusting to a new environment is not easy, neither is finding new friends, but I love this place and I will be fine.

Since I've come here, I have not lost any weight and I skipped the weigh-in yesterday due to these awful two binges I had. But I am very positive today. I walked for ages and I cleaned the whole appartment which definitely burned some calories!!

Maybe the last two day were just a reminder of what life used to be in order to appreciate what I have achieved already. There is still quite some way ahead of me, but I try not to look at it ending at some point, but being a life-long change (with a goal-weight at some point that still needs to be determined).

I have not talked numbers yet, as far as I remember - so here it goes:

highest weight ever in February 2009 was: 354 lbs
lowest weight after starting to change: 338 lbs

A total loss of 16 pounds, which I only just realized, because I usually estimate my weight in kilograms. But I will stick to pounds from now on, cause 16 lbs LOST looks more than just 6 kg...

It's a very slow loss, but it was a steady loss until about one month ago. But I will not be too hard on myself about that, because moving to a new country and starting a new job was enough to deal with.

My current weight will be determined next Saturday. So keep your fingers crossed for me.

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up! No need to be hard on yourself at all... slow and steady wins the race, sister. You are gaining a sustainable lifestyle and losing fear, negativity, and excess body weight. And there's nowhere to go but down from here.

    Keep it up! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete