Thursday, July 9, 2009

BIG day tomorrow...

So, there it is. THE day. THAT day I have been afraid of for such a long time. Julia Version 3.0 - I'll turn 30 tomorrow.

I'm scared. What will happen? rinkles? osteoporosis? everything going down from now on? best part of my life over? or will everything get better? easier? lighter?

And what if nothing happens at all? What if the earth does not start shaking? After all it will be a pretty regular day with work and all...

Why am I so fixated on numbers in the first place... what's the big difference between 29 and 30 or even 31 anyways?

There's this line in a song of my all time favourite band:

'I like the bed I'm sleeping in
just like me it's broken in -
NOT old - just older
Like a favourite pair of torn blue jeans
the skin I'm in is all right with me,
NOT old - just older... '

maybe I will be able to feel that way inside myself with time - when I'm even older. Another quote on this occasion from a very, very smart and wonderful person:

'youth is wasted on the young'...

does that not implicate somehow that things get better with time? that you grow and learn from life and get wiser and stronger? and more comfortable with yourself? well, to me it does, one might have not the body of a teenager anymore, but I feel much better about myself now, than when I was a teenager.... and maybe it will get even better... with time...

who cares about numbers in the first place?

No comments:

Post a Comment