Something happened this morning. It seems like I was fed up with being depressed. So I dragged my ass off the couch and started cleaning. And organizing.
I dunno what happened, but I cleaned, did laundry, went out to buy batteries for the SCALE (so no more excuses to not weigh-in) and for the POLAR heart rate watch-thingy that I borrowed from a friend yesterday.
According to it, I have burned 2483 calories in the past 8 hours. Sounds good. Should be well below my intake.
Most importantly I have started facing my biggest demon which is (was) the huge pile of papers that required organizing. I am proud to say that I am at least half way through!!!!
Not only have I cleaned and burned quite some calories doing that, I also stayed on plan with my eating. For the first time in ages - so I can still do it. I am capable. I CAN DO THIS.
Despite all the shit that is going on in my life right now, I proved to myself that I can still do it.
Over the last couple of weeks I have also managed to get myself into therapy - I have taken all necessary steps, (and it's amazingly difficult in this country) and it will take some more time until I can actually start, but I did it!
Moreover I will also start seeing a dietitian soon.
I have a ton of reasons to complain - but I am gonna skip this part for now, and focus on my achievements despite a difficult situation.
It will get better! No - it IS getting better!
No comments:
Post a Comment