Saturday, October 23, 2010

purple fingernails

I painted my fingernails purple yesterday. Something I'd never do.

Then, an hour or so before my shift finished at work, I got into an argument with my supervisor, who had forgotten to forward my vacation request for Christmas/New Years - so I would have had to work both days.

I went to her manager... got into an argument with both, because of course he had to back her up.

That was it! I didn't even listen anymore. Went straight to my desk, printed out the letter of resignation that I had written a while ago.

I was shaking like crazy - but printed it. Put it on her desk. QUIT MY JOB. Just like that!

While doing that, I actually chatted with a colleague from another building, that I only recently met but have had 8-hour online conversations with for the last two weeks. Asked him for advise.

He asked me if there was any way of progressing from my job. If I liked it there, if they treat me well, if I am living up to my capabilites and standards. No.no.no.no and no. So "quit", he said. And i did.

More surprisingly, he even offered to financially support me, if I needed it! I barely know the guy.

Took my stuff, left the office an hour early.

Went right to the gym, bumped into my personal trainer, who is the sweetest guy and told him.

He congratulated me, and said that it's gonna be alright. I asked him to repeat that a couple of times, and he did. "It's gonna be alright" - "you weren't happy there".... he was really sweet and supportive.

Was on the crosstrainer for 45 minutes and could have gone forever, with all this energy. But i took a shower, dressed up and went to my favourite bar/club.

And.had.a.blast. I had the best conversations, I laughed my ass off, I also danced my ass off until 4 in the morning.

I feel so empowered. I am smiling ever since I did it. And I know it's gonna be alright. I will be fine! I am smart and educated and I will find a good job for myself where my work is appreciated!!

I just feel like I took my power back, I took back what's mine. I am just gonna do it. Live my life. Be happy. Enjoy.

Then a serious of strange events occurred. The cute bar-tender started talking to me. And smiled a lot. The DJ gave me some admiring looks. (And I have been going there for more than a year already... now they start doing that?) A guy on the dancefloor approached me and when I ignored him, he asked my friend what he could do for me to make my night even better...hahaha...

My colleague who advised me earlier that night came, bought me drinks, made me laugh, hugged me a lot...

This morning I woke up with a smile on my face, and the guy on my mind. I started talking to a couple of  people, and they all told me how proud they were, that I made this decision.

Just now I got a package from my friend with a lovely book and some fancy 'yogi flow' shower gel which smells lovely! You can visit her here by the way - she is awsome!

And I bought myself the beautiful calender I have been wanting and denying myself for a while now.

Because I deserve it!

I just love this day. I empowered myself. I am completely euphoric. Not scared at all. I will be fine!

1 comment:

  1. it takes courage to do that, but you'll find it will be well worth it!

    ReplyDelete