So here's the update:
- keep on adjusting to this new life and learn to accept positivity - well this is not a goal that I can finish in a week, but I am seriously trying to open my heart and slowly I am learning it
- keep on going to the gym and telling myself I have every right to be there, just as much as the guys with the big muscles and the skinny girls with the pretty outfits... - DONE - kept on going there, was there Monday, Wednesday and Today, and taking a friend makes it easier
- go to one class at the gym, something I have been scared of and avoiding so far - DONE - I am so PROUD! I went to ZUMBA twice. Actually I just got home from the class. It's tough, but it's so much fun and a fucking great workout!
- dropping out of the regular Friday-after-work-beer-drinking-routine - which I enjoy but which also messes up my Saturdays...(at least for one week) -> no beer this week. - FAILED, unfortunately. I kinda need that distraction after a weeks' work. There will be other alcohol-free Fridays - eventually. As I only recently started going out again and enjoy life (and some reasonable amounts of beer) I will give myself credit on this one!
GOALS FOR NEXT WEEK:
- go to ZUMBA on Wednesday and Sunday
- no peeking at the scale before the next weigh-in on Sunday
- ask for a day off work for this week or the next to go to the sauna
- alter my cardio a bit by using the stationary bike at the gym instead of the same cross-trainer over and over again...
- remember to drink - especially at work as I tend to forget that during the day
- taking a walk at nights before I go to bed - to burn some extra calories and clear my head before sleep -I probably won't do that everynight, but I will tonight!
And for the unknow fact:
For the biggest part of my life I wanted to learn singing - properly. I have this dream of just once singing in front of an audience. A couple of years back I took just one lesson and that was the hardest thing ever, hearing myself sing in a quite room... it still scares...no...challenges the hell out of me.
As luck would have it I met this music student recently who offered to teach me. All I need to do is call him, arrange a first lesson...

I have the same signing dream! When I was a kid I fantasized about being interviewed by Johnny Carson about the release of my new album.
ReplyDeleteThat is a pretty neat dream Jules. I would take advantage of the opportunity, as it has presented itself to you!
ReplyDelete