
Something really weird happened to me yesterday.
One of my colleagues looked at me and said 'wow - I can really see that you lost weight'. (which wasn't the strage part yet).
Eventually she basically told me how she was jealous of me, because I get to lose all the weight now and people will notice it an comment on that.
Maybe she is jealous about the attention (which is quite nice and I haven't even lost that much weight yet) - but whatever her reason is, it felt strange.
It doesn't make much sense to me, at all. It's almost like she wants to be fat in order to lose the weight?! I really don't get it.
And nobody has ever been jealous about me - as far as I know and especially NOT for weight-reasons.....
I went to the gym with her after work today and then she was kind of upset that I burned more calories on the eliptical trainer than her in the same amount of time (of course, because I have to MOVE more weight so I SPEND more calories doing that, simple maths if you ask me).
Maybe she wants to compete with me and has no weight to lose? Maybe she remembers all the attention that she got when she lost weight (around 20 pounds, so no comparison to what I have to lose) - I really don't know and I don't get it at all.
Has anyone had similar experiences?
That is kind of an oddball thing. I guess some people are just really hungry for attention. Don't let it get to you. Accept the well-deserved compliment and move on...
ReplyDelete