Sunday, August 30, 2009

gym intake


This all went very fast, on Tuesday evening I signed up online on a Fitness Centre website - just for some information.


On Wednesday someone named Rick called me persuaded me to come by the same evening to show me the facilities. Is is right next to the building I work in, so I can basically 'fall' into the gym after work.

The only thing I wanted, was to see the club and get some information. But Rick turned out to be a very good seller (what I usually hate) and conviced me to sign up. I did.


So then on Thursday I had my so called 'start-up', with a cute little guy called Oliver. Oliver turned out to only be 20 years old and was really cute. The kind one would call a puppy cute. But still cute. (Why do they never have old and ugly people working in these places???)


What I expected was a short introduction to cardio-stuff and machines, and then being left alone. Man, was I wrong. I was 'lucky' because that evening nobody else was there to 'start-up' and therefor Oliver had lots of time for me.


First he put me on a cross trainer - and took the one right next to me. When I started sweating, turning bright red in the face and losing my breath, trying hard to concetrate on the movement AND the conversation at the same time, for him it seemed like a walk in the park. (of course...)


Next came exercises and machines. Being in a rather submissive position trying hard to push through the amount of repetitions he suggested, I tried not to lose my self-respect. He was standing in front of me, arms crossed, counting and sometimes miscounting to his interest with a cute smile on his face. Ahh...


Well, when we finally were through, he asked me to step on this miracle-scale that measures everything (except for my sexual phantasies maybe...) So now I (and he!!) know my weigth, which I did anyways. But also I know my body fat, my degree of obesity, my bone mass, my fat mass and the percentage of fat in my body, my favourite color, that I failed a physics class in 6th grade....


The interesting thing about that is, it's out in the open now. He knows, I shared with someone else. It's such a relieve somehow. I shared my biggest secret with a stranger, and we worked out a plan together. I am not all by myself with my body issues anymore. I really didn't expect that.


I remember the last time I signed up with a gym, quite exactly 10 (!!) years ago, I couldn't wait to get out of there. To run away and flee. I was so embaressed even to go there, where all the athletic people train, I felt like I didn't belong and everybody would make fun of me and stare...


I guess I have grown more self-esteem in the last 10 years. It wasn't an easy task to go there. It wasn't easy to get through the one on one attention while working out. But it sure felt great afterwards. And I returned yesterday. I did all the suggested exercised. I felt so energized again.


It was the best thing, that it all happened so fast. That I didn't have enough time to think about what could or would happen if i went there. I just did it.


So - sometimes it's good to Just Do It (and I am not promoting a certain sports company here.)


I just did it - and it felt great!!!!



Now - just to be accountable and to comepare measurements in the future:


-weight: 123.1 kg / 271,39 lbs

-fat%: 48,8%

-fat mass: 60,1 kg / 132,5 lbs

-FFM (fat free mass): 63, 0 kg / 138,89 lbs

-muscle mass: 59, 8 kg / 130,07 lbs

-TBW (total body water): 46,8 kg / 103,18 lbs

-TBW%: 38%

-bones mass: 3,2 kg / 7,05 lbs (I sure thought bones were a little heavier)

- BMR (basal metabolic rate): 2016 kcal

-metabolic age: 45 (wonderful...)

-BMI (body mass index): 43,6

-ideal body weight: 62, 1 kg / 136,69 lbs

-degree of obesity: 98,2%


1 comment:

  1. Getting in the gym has been the most important part of my success so far. When you're working out you're not eating... and when you're exercising, you keep a better focus on what you're eating.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete