
My block sucks. Again I tried to make a committment to writing regularly and I didn't. I started losing weight - and I... let's say i fell off the track. I had lost 10 lbs, felt really good about it, but the last couple of days weren't so good weightloss-wise and now I am scared to meet my scale. I had tons of chocolate today. My knee hurts, and I don't know why, it's not that I worked out or anything.
But guess what, there is actually someone following this blog now (thank you!!!), I can't believe it. I thought nobody would ever be the least bit interested in me or my struggles and I blamed myself for not having a good, or the perfect blog. But one of my favourite quotes is 'don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good'. Maybe in fact the blog is good enough to read, at least for a few people. Maybe it will get better over time as will my eating habits (hopefully). Maybe other things like moving to a different country and all things in relation to that have been more important lately than writing a blog. Maybe I am not that bad after all.
Maybe - again - things need time. Maybe the process of change will take more time than i wanted, maybe this is just not my lucky day today.
So let's hope for tomorrow. If there's anybody out there with suggestions how to get back on track, you are welcome to comment!
I hope you don't feel like I'm stalking you! I promise I'm not! But I decided to go back to the beginning of your blog and read through the entire archives. When I saw this post, I had to comment, even if it's an old entry.
ReplyDeleteYour blog does NOT suck. You are an intelligent, honest writer. Sometimes I think the blogs that are most successful are the bullshit-filled ones that help readers escape their own reality. I'm not going to name names, but just like women's magazines help women nurture lifestyle-related fantasies, there are plenty of blogs by everyday people with the same fantasy lifestyle element to them. (Like, oh my God, I'm sure every bowl of oatmeal you eat is served in charming vintage dishware. *eyeroll*)
And then the other set of successful blogs seem to involve lots of transparency and pictures of the person, plus their spouse, and pets, and kids, and house, and vacations, and...
Not saying there's anything wrong with that, but not everyone wants to share to that extent. And some of us belong to career fields where we have to be more careful about what people may find about us online.
Bottom line: please don't doubt the value of your blog.